Benefit from the broad range of services and the lobby activities of Germany's largest professional association of the industry whether you are an interpreter, in-house translator or student. Remain current professionally and attend one of the nationally offered seminars on topics such as marketing, specalized translations or translation memory systems.
The association also offers its members discounted rates on a large number of insurance policies. Furthermore, benefit from the advantages of a large network with like-minded people in the form of regional group meetings and the award-winning MeinBDÜ platform.
- Recognized professional degree
- Completion of a degree and prof of many years of practice as a translator and/or interpreter
- Enrollment in a translation studies degree
Refer to the Aufnahmeordnung for additional information on the terms of admission (only available in German).
- Interested in promoting the profession
Within the chapters:
- For interpreters and translators
- For students
Offices of the
In the Federal Association:
- For associations
- For associate members
Federal Head Office
Conveniently apply for
- Call up the membership application (only available in German)
- Select the chapter and type of membership
- Fill out the membership application and follow the instructions on the screen
- Sign the filled out application and send it to the address specified with all documents